Changes due to Covid -19
What to Expect
We are following Government guidance for close contact services and the following section outlines what we are doing to keep everyone safe.
Pre-appointment telephone consultations are no longer required but are still available if you would like. They last around 5-20mins depending on your situation. This allows the therapist to go through the current Covid-19 regulations in the clinic space and also allows us to assess what your needs are and develop a treatment plan for your face to face appointment.
There is still a minimum ventilation time of 15mins between clients but treatment times are now back to 60 minute appointments. Due the the required time between clients it is difficult to be flexible on the length of appointments and only 60 minute appointments are available until further notice.
Treatment to face and neck is now allowed with Therapist wearing type IIR mask and a visor and Client wearing their mask.
Face to Face appointment
There are a number of changes to the operation of the clinic that mean we all need to do things a bit differently.
- No Waiting Area – turn up on time for your appointment. If you are early you will need to wait outside until your therapist let you in.
- Entering the clinic – your therapist will let you in at your appointment time and check your temperature, ensure you are wearing a face covering, ask you to wash your hands and scan QR code.
- Clothes and belongings – please only bring what you need to the appointment.
- Towels & linen – Any towels and face-hole covers are used once and professionally washed between uses.
- Bathroom – please go before you come for your appointment as the bathroom is currently unavailable for use.
- Water – please bring your own water as the fountain is currently not available for use.
We hope that as government guidance changes we will be able to relax some of these measure and will keep you informed of any changes as they happen.
How to Book
Online Booking – Fully open.
Phone booking – Fully Open
Contact – You can still contact me directly to make appointments or ask any questions, but I will be less available to answer calls!
email (email@example.com) or call me (on 07958 124 622)
With face to face contact there is risk attached. We believe that the measures we are taking make face to face treatment relatively low risk for both clients and therapists. As we are quite small we can control the environment and the people involved making compliance with guidelines easier to ensure. Below is a summary of the measures in place to ensure your treatment complies with the guidance.
- Room well ventilated between clients (min of 15mins) and use of extractor fan.
- All surfaces to be clean and sanitised between clients.
- Clients and therapists must wear a face covering at all times.
- Therapist will wear a visor when client is not face down.
- Rigorous hand washing for clients and therapists.
- Social distancing measures in common spaces, i.e. No waiting area, no bathroom, contactless payments only.
- Therapist will self test with Lateral Flow Tests twice a week.
To view the full written risk assessment for using the treatment room, you can click on the link below.
View Full Risk Assessment
We have tried to get a balance and hope that normal pricing will resume soon. The changes reflect the reduced appointment length, the costs associated with purchasing PPE and cleaning products to allow for compliance with guidelines, and also the reduction in capacity due to required time between clients for cleaning and ventilating the room.
Existing Block Payments
- These can be used for face to face appointments.
- Telephone consultation will need to be paid at the normal rate.
New Block Payments
For simplicity there will be no new block payments while operating with reduced capacity due to Covid guidelines. This will be reviewed as guidelines change with the hope it will go back to normal as soon as possible.