Changes due to Covid -19
Last updated - 23-04-2021
This is now confirmed, guidance has been issued and we will be re-opening on the 26th April!
Guidance has now been released and there is not much change from what was in place before Christmas, see below for more info.
Online Booking – this will reopen from Monday 26th April.
Phone booking – You can call Therap-ease from Monday 26th April to make and pay for bookings.
Contact – You can still contact me directly to make appointments or ask any questions, but I will be less available to answer calls from Monday!
email (email@example.com) or call me (on 07958 124 622)
What to Expect
We are following Government guidance for close contact services and the following section outlines what we are doing to keep everyone safe.
Booking in for an appointment requires you to book a telephone consultation before your first face to face appointment. This will last 5-15mins depending on your situation. This allows the therapist to check that you are not likely to be bringing Covid-19 infection into the clinic space and also allows us to assess what your needs are and develop a treatment plan for your face to face appointment.
There is a minimum ventilation time of 15mins between clients and initially we will limit treatment time to 45mins. There is no hard limit on treatment length this time round, but we will give ourselves a bit of extra time between clients until we are up and running again. All going well expect to go back to 60min appointments fairly quickly.
Treatment to face and neck is strongly discouraged and must not happen without a mask. If treatment must be given to this area then it should be for less than 1min and not face to face.
Face to Face appointment
There are a number of changes to the operation of the clinic that mean we all need to do things a bit differently.
- No Waiting Area – turn up on time for your appointment. If you are early you will need to wait outside until your therapist let you in.
- Entering the clinic – your therapist will let you in at your appointment time and check your temperature, ensure you are wearing a face covering, ask you to wash your hands and scan QR code.
- Clothes and belongings – ALL your belongings need to be stored in seal containers while you are in the therapy room. This includes bags, shopping, and everything you bring in!
- Towels & linen – Any towels and face-hole covers are used once and professionally washed between uses.
- Bathroom – please go before you come for your appointment as the bathroom is currently unavailable for use.
- Water – please bring your own water as the fountain is currently not available for use.
We hope that as government guidance changes we will be able to relax some of these measure and will keep you informed of any changes as they happen.
How to Book
You will need to call to book a Telephone consultation if this is your first appointment. You can call the clinic on 0131 447 9990 for any appointments and if you are a returning client you can book online from 26th April.
With face to face contact there is risk attached. We believe that the measures we are taking make face to face treatment relatively low risk for both clients and therapists. As we are quite small we can control the environment and the people involved making compliance with guidelines easier to ensure. Below is a summary of the measures in place to ensure your treatment complies with the guidance.
- Clients must be screened by telephone or virtual appointment before face to face.
- Clients to use ‘Check In Scotland’ QR code on entry to clinic.
- Face to face contact time is limited to 45mins.
- Room well ventilated between clients (min of 15mins) and use of extractor fan.
- All surfaces to be clean and sanitised between clients.
- Clients and therapists must wear a face covering at all times.
- Therapist will wear a visor when client is not face down.
- Rigorous hand washing for clients and therapists.
- Clients belongings to be stored in sealed container during treatment.
- Social distancing measures in common spaces, i.e. No waiting area, no bathroom, contactless payments only.
- Therapist will self test with Lateral Flow Tests twice a week.
To view the full written risk assessment for using the treatment room, you can click on the link below.
View Full Risk Assessment
We have tried to get a balance and hope that normal pricing will resume soon. The changes reflect the reduced appointment length, the costs associated with purchasing PPE and cleaning products to allow for compliance with guidelines, and also the reduction in capacity due to required time between clients for cleaning and ventilating the room.
Existing Block Payments
- These can be used for face to face appointments.
- Telephone consultation will need to be paid at the normal rate.
New Block Payments
For simplicity there will be no new block payments while operating with reduced capacity due to Covid guidelines. This will be reviewed as guidelines change with the hope it will go back to normal as soon as possible.