Changes due to Covid -19
As most of you will be aware there has been and still is a worlwide pandemic of Covid-19 novel Coronavirus. Massage was amongst the list of almost everything that you could not do due to lockdown messures, but as of July 22nd, the Scottish Government has stated that massage therapy can resume with condtions to reduce the risk of Covd-19 being spread. We are now ready to take bookings for appointments, but there are some important changes that you should be aware of.
What to Expect
Booking in for an appointment requires you to book a telephone consultation before your first face to face appointment. This will last 5-15mins depending on your situation. This allows the therapist to check that you are not likley to be bringing Covid-19 infection into the clinic space and also allows us to assess what your needs are and develop a treatment plan for your face to face appointment.
Treatment time is strictly limited to 45mins in total. The telephone consultation helps to make sure you get as much hands on time as possible in the first instance. If you feel that you need time to discuss treatment before any follow-up appointments you can book a telephone consultation for before your appointment, but it is not a requirement.
Face to Face appointment
There are a number of changes to the operation of the clinic that mean we all need to do things a bit differently.
- No Waiting Area – turn up on time for your apointment. If you are early you will need to wait outside until your therapist let you in.
- Entering the clinic – your therapist will let you in at your appointment time and check your temperture, ensure you are wearing a face covering and ask you to wash your hands.
- Clothes and belongings – ALL your belongings need to be stored in seal containers while you are in the therapy room. This includes bags shopping, well everything you bring in!
- Towels & linen – After further advice we will provide all towels and linen in your appointment, so that we can be sure they are washed to government guidelines.
- Bathroom – please go before you come for your appointment as the bathroom is currently unavailable for use.
- Water – please bring your own water as the fountain is currently not available for use.
We hope that as government guidance changes we will be able to relax some of these measure and will keep you informed of any changes as they happen.
How to Book
You will need to call to book a Telephone consultation if this is your first appointment since lockdown. You can call the clinic on 0131 447 9990 to book appointments from 27th July.
With face to face contact there is risk attached. The goverment has deemed that this risk is now low enough to allow massage treatment to comence again. The reasoning behind this is due to the low prevalence of Covid in Scotland at present and with compliance with guidance for therapists and clients. Below is a summary of the measures in place to ensure your treatment complies with the guidance.
- Clients must be screened by telephone or virtual appointmnet before face to face.
- Face to face contact time is limited to 45mins.
- Clients and tharapists must wear a face covering at all times.
- Therapist must wear eye protection when client is not face down.
- Rigorous hand washing for clients and therapists.
- All surfaces to be clean and sanitised between clients.
- Room well ventilated between clients (30mins) and use of extractor fan.
- Clients belongings to be stored in sealed container during treatment.
- Social distancing measures in common spaces, i.e. No waiting area, no bathroom, contactless payments only.
To view the full written risk assement for using the treatment room, you can click on the link below.
View Full Risk Assessment
We have tried to get a balance and hope that normal pricing will resume soon. The changes reflect the reduced appointment length, the costs associated with purchasing PPE and cleaning products to allow for compliance with guidelines, and also the reduction in capacity due to required time between clients for cleaning and ventilating the room.
Existing Block Payments
- These can be used for face to face appointments.
- Telephone consultation will need to be paid at the normal rate.
New Block Payments
For simplicity there will be no new block payments while operating with reduced capacity due to Covid guidelines. This will be reviewed as guidelines change with the hope it will go back to normal as soon as possible.